Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Egg Kabunza!


I'm sure most people have had a version of this delicious egg and toast breakfast. This was one of the few things my dad could make that would always turn out great.

We had a special orange tupperware cookie cutter that made the perfect size hole in the bread. After making the hole (you can also use a cup!) you crack an egg into the bread while it's on the skillet. Fry the egg and flip the whole thing. You can then use the punched out hole to mop up the yolk.

I'm curious what other people call this. In our house it was called Egg Kabunza. I didn't realize until later that this was a name my dad made up and no wonder no one else ever knew what I was talking about when I asked if they wanted an Egg Kabunza for breakfast.

3 comments:

emily rose said...

We always called it "Egg in a Frame" in our house. You have to say it really fast though, like "Egginehframe." I've also heard "Doghouse eggs" but have never called them that.

Diane Stern said...

We called it a 'hole in the bread egg'. Complicated, I know.

Saralina (aka Sarahbera, Sarah Monster, Sarah Washburn) said...

Its the "One Eyed Jack!" Cool post, I have also heard it called "egg in a basket"