Friday, March 26, 2010

Mighty Life List




Inspired by Maggie Mason of www.mightygirl.com, I've decided to make my own Mighty Life List. Some people call it a bucket list, but that sounds too dull and morbid. Things to do before I kick the bucket? No, I'd rather it be a list that reflects living and enjoying those things I've always wanted to do. She calls it a Mighty Life List and I can't think of anything better. I like the idea of feeling mighty and accomplished!

I know there have been times when I've said outloud "I want to do that!" but until now, I haven't really taken it seriously. I'm making a list of those things I want to do. Some are going to take so long to accomplish that I almost don't want to put them on the list. I don't want to feel intimidated. I also believe that when you put desires out there, mysterious things happen in ways you couldn't have planned.

I'll add to this list as I think of new things, and cross them off when I do them. Hopefully I'll write a post about the activity.

Sometimes I write things on lists that I've already done, just so I can cross them off. I'm also doing that here as a little bit of extra motivation. (Except, I can't figure out how to strikethrough words, so I'll put the done things in italics for now.)



skate in a roller derby game
take trapeze lessons
ride the conference bike, pictured above
(http://www.conferencebike.com/)
learn to change a bicycle tire



The evolving list:

- Shoot a gun at a gun range

- Speak French fluently

- Travel in Europe for at least a month

- Bicycle across several states

- Go zip lining

- Visit the petrified Ginko forest (just a short drive away!)

- Learn common and Latin tree names for those in my area

- Snorkel with fish in clear water

- Make a quilt

- Knit or crochet a blanket

- Take tango lessons

- "Sky dive" in a vertical wind tunnel

- Vacation in Mexico when the Monarch butterflies return (early November)

- Whale watching from a boat

- Learn to play poker (this one is mostly just so I understand poker references. I'm not expecting to enjoy it.)

- Learn to make a website

- Learn calligraphy

- Have a baby

- Be adept at basic bicycle maintenance

- Know how to change a car tire

No comments: